Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Monday, September 29, 2008
I looked up baby's milestones at 7 months old and this is what i found:
Your baby now can bear weight on his legs when you hold him upright.
He can sit without support.
Baby can stand while holding onto someone or something.
He can pull himself up to a standing position from a seated one.
Baby walks by holding on to furniture.
Baby plays peekaboo.
He plays patty-cake.
Baby waves good-bye.
He can say "mama" or "dada."
oh sweet brenham i would love to be playing peek-a-boo with you right now and hearing you giggle. I wish i could watch you wave bye-bye to daddy when he leaves for work. And most of all i wish i could hear you call me "mama".
love you baby!
Thursday, September 25, 2008
I have a bag full of solution and a drain bag. The full bag gets put up on an IV pole and slowly drips into my stomach (peritoneal cavity) through the tube. Its 1500 cc's or about 3 pounds of fluid that goes in (so i got a little tummy bloat going on!). that fluid sits in there for about 4-5 hours during which it draws toxins out of my body and then i drain it out using the same tube into the drain bag and start all over again by putting another bag of solution right back in.
bag of solution
I do that process 4 times a day and it takes about 20 minutes. Pretty simple concept, but i think it is all pretty amazing how that works. but there was a lot to learn. And it takes a lot of planning. I always have to make sure i am home on time to do a treatment. But its WAY better than going to the dialysis center.
So there you have it. Do you feel smarter now that you know all about PD? Hopefully it is all useless knowledge to you and you never have to use it though!
Thank you for all of your sweet comment on sweet brenham's video, they mean so much to us. He is so special to us and we are touched that he is to you too!
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Monday, September 22, 2008
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Mindy and Kyle got back from Mayo on Thursday. She was not approved on the spot like we were hoping b/c one of the tests didn't go as well as they hoped. So she is going to re-do that test here in Michigan sometime this week hopefully and if her score is better this time, her case will be brought to the board at Mayo and she will be approved if everything else looks good. And then we schedule transplant!! whoo-hoo. Please pray that this test goes better and that her score is right where it should be.
I try PD again tomorrow. I REALLY want this too work, i refuse to go back to the center for a third time. If it does go well, i should be home free (literally) until transplant. Thanks for all of your prayers!!
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Please pray for her and her husband Kyle as she goes through the different tests and that she will be healthy and ready to donate. We are hoping that if she passes we can schedule the surgery soon! It seems to good to be true, things might finally be turning around!! Please pray hard.
~thanks mindy for doing this for me! I am so lucky to have a sister like you. love you
~and thanks everyone for letting us pray for you. i will continue checking back on that post so keep me posted. I have loved being able to pray for you and will continue to do so.
Friday, September 12, 2008
So in return I would like to pray for you, leave your prayer requests in the comment section and be assured you will be lifted up in prayer! So let me have 'em. big or small. they all matter.
I think this will be great.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
P.S. Thanks for all the b-day wishes!!
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
We had a great time relaxing at the cottage with my family all weekend and i wanted to share some pictures:
He thinks i have probably had it for a while and it just never flared up until i started PD because PD works by putting about 3 pounds of fluid in your stomach and letting it sit in there for 4-5 hours, taking it out and then putting more right back in again and this flushes out the toxins. Anyways, he thinks that if there was an underlying hernia that the pressure of all the fluid made it come to the surface. I have an appointment today at 12:30 to find out for sure what it is and what we do about it. I will let you know!
Monday, September 8, 2008
Friday i was released to start up PD and it seems to be working fine this time, BUT my whole stomach has swelled up like a balloon leading the PD nurse to believe i have either internal bleeding (less likely) or there is a leak somewhere in my stomach where they did the surgery so its filling up with fluid. GREAT. I am waiting for my dr. to get in the office and set up an appt. and see what he says.
So in the meantime could you pray that this is nothing and i don't need another surgery within the same week as my last one. I cant understand why i can't catch a break. I am afraid to say that at times the devil seems to be winning this fight. Why won't he just leave me alone???
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Friday, September 5, 2008
(i wasnt kidding about #99 on the posr below!)
here is what you need:
2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium green pepper, chopped
2 tablespoons garlic salt
1 tablespoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
4-5 fresh tomatoes from the neighbors garden! chopped
Heat oil; sauté onions, and pepper in the oil until tender. Add garlic, salt, pepper, tomato paste, and tomatoes, Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Thursday, September 4, 2008
1. I started dating robb when i was 15 years old.
2. We got married when i was 20
3. we totally gutted out our house and redid it all before we were married.
4. it took two years to complete
5. my favorite color is orange
6. i love to sleep
7. i have never had a cavity
8. i have never broken a bone
9. i love to decorate
10. i am very ticklish
11. 11 is my favorite number!
12. i have been in two car accidents, both not my fault
13. i got pulled over by a cop last week on my way home from work for a burnt out head light!
14. i hate to exercise so i just dont do it
15. i drool when i sleep, haha
16. i love my robot vacuum
17. i love music
18. i swam with dolphins
19. I love going on vacations
20. every time i see a sunflower i think of my grandpa.
21. i love fresh fruit and veggies.
22. i wish i could sleep in late everyday
22. i am on the computer more than i watch tv
23. i love reality tv
24. i'm addicted to love!
25. i'm a cuddler.
26. i prefer hugs over kisses.
27. fall is my favorite time of year
28. when i was a little girl i always said that i wanted to marry my dad , lol
29. i always wanted to be a young mom
30. brenham was conceived on our 2 year anniversary, i know TMI!!
31. i wear contacts
32. i had braces
33. i love playing games
34. i almost always sleep through thunderstorms
35. i take over 25 pills a day.
36. i love coffee
37. i love to eat out
38. cotton candy is my fave
39. i hate to do housework but once i start i cant stop until its all done.
40. i scrapbook- but i am very behind on it
41. my closet is color-coded.
42. i love to shop
43. i am a bargain hunter.
44. target used to be my favorite store until i realized that is where all the preggy's hang out
45. i love accessorize my outfits from head to toe.
46. i just roll out of bed before i go to dialysis, no makeup, no doing my hair, nothing.
47. mascara is a must have for me
48. i have way too many shoes.
49. my pet-peeve is bad drivers
50. i have never shot a gun but i am a pro at duck hunt on Wii
51. i love to be barefoot
52. i check my email at least 5 times a day.
53. i hate clutter.
54. i love watching movies
55. i always day-dream about the future
56.i want to write a book someday
57. i love pictures
58. i dont eat potatoes
59. ice cram is my love.
60. i have the cutest dog ever.
61. my dog is named after a character on "dawsons creek"
62. i love my hubby more everyday
63. i am a list maker. i make lists for everything.
64. i love getting massages
65. i dont mind going to the dentist.
66. i bite my nails when i am bored
67. stress makes my hair fall out.
68. i like scary movies
69. i cant wait to meet my Savior.
70. i love meeting new people.
71. robb spoils me so bad and i love it
72. i have a large collection of purses.
73. i have horrible hand-writing
74. i love getting mail.
75. i am very competitive especially with my dad
76. i cant go without breakfast
77. i snack all day long
78. sunday is my favorite day of the week
79. i have 2 sisters and 3 brother in laws
80. i love giving gifts to people.
81. i love to cook i just dont do it very often
82. but i hate to bake
83. i wish i had a maid.
84. i played basketball and volleyball in high-school
85. i have had 5 surgeries in the last 5 months.
86. i get really excited just like my mom when my flowers start to come up in the spring.
87. i have never mowed the lawn
88. i tried learning to drive a stick shift but ended up in tears.
89. i was voted "best eyes" in high-school
90. i had a hot air balloon ride
91. i want a tattoo in memory of brenham but i am too scared so i probably wont
92. i took 3 years of Spanish in high-school but hardly remember a thing.
93. i have always wished that robb could play an instrument and sing to me, wouldnt that be cute
94. i cant draw at all.
95. my birthday is next week Thursday
96. i feel way older than i am sometimes
97. i want to build our next house.
98. i weight the same right now as i did in 8th grade
99. sometimes when i cook i talk out loud and pretend i am doing a cooking show!
100. i am very forgetful
101. i am blessed.
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
The pain was horrible yesterday, but its getting better. I have an appt. with the PD (peritoneal dialysis) nurse on Friday to make sure it works and then hopefully i can get going with PD again.