Insta Friday

Friday, February 12, 2016

Robb did such a great job being Mr. Mom while I was away for the Woven retreat, the ONLY thing he could use some improvement on is the picking out outfits department! Jovie is wearing a pajama shirt, with tights and silver sparkly shoes (in public!) haha! I thought about setting clothes out before I left, but I honestly love to see what he chooses for her! Seriously though, I'm so grateful to him. He even did the laundry and cleaned the whole house while I was gone!

when Pizza Hut is having a fundraiser for your adoption agency, you just gotta go, even if you did have pizza for dinner the past 3 days!  

2nd Target trip in one week, don't tell daddy ;)

little love bug

This was out morning devotion (from Savor by Shauna Niequist) at M.Life last week, coincidentally the one of the same passages Renne Swope taught on at the Woven Retreat the week prior. She said it's not the workload that makes you weary, it's the worry! Matthew 11:28 says "Come to me all who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest." It was so perfectly fitting as I prepared my heart to rest in his presence at the IF Gathering.  

Where, oh where did my little baby go?

So excited to be watching the IF Gathering, who else tuned in to the live broadcast either at home, or at a local event? Wasn't it amazing!?

We waited a whole year for it, and already looking forward to next years!

And just when I thought it couldn't get any more amazing, they bring in Qdoba nachos!! I sang hallelujah ;)


My "super bowl"


With such a cute, new hat we we're hoping the cooler weather would stick around, and our wish came true! The next day we got so much (too much) snow!

Her hat is from The Posh Plum (on IG and etsy) and with code "GOODBYEWINTER20" you can save 20% off your purchase!

keeping busy on a snow day

 Perfect night to warm up with some soup and cure our cabin fever!

Throwback Thursday to 8 years ago, the first and last time I ever had the chance to see little Brenham Jay wiggle around at my 19 week ultrasound. I'm so thankful for that opportunity to see him so full of life that day. I had no idea that the next time I'd see him again, a short 2.5 weeks later, he'd be lifeless in his daddy's arms. Today, I don't picture him squirming on an ultrasound screen, or bruised and fragile in his tiny casket, I picture him dancing in fields of green, walking on streets of gold, and worshiping our Savior, the one who gave us eternal life and the assurance of seeing Brenham again one day in Heaven. 


Gray is off of school for their mid-winter break, when I asked him what he wanted to do today while Sadler was at preschool he said "go to the donate (thrift) store!" Definitely my kid!

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »