Where was God in all of this?

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Where was God in all of this? I will tell you. God is a good God and he does take care of us. We have seen His hands at work even in this tough time.

Ways we have seen God:
-God chose Brenham's birthday to be February 29, a day that only comes around every 4 years because He knows how hard that day would be for us every year.

-God gave us Brenham's name the night before he was born. After months of debate and hours of searching. Coincidence? I dont think so!

-God allowed Robb to feel Brenham give a nice, hard kick just the night before. And for that we will be forever grateful for that amazing experience.

-God made sure that we were in town that weekend. The two weekends prior and the weekend after we would have been out of town. On top of that, Robb and my dad had just come home from a convention in Georgia on the 27th. Good timing God!

-God kept me strong during my blood transfusion the following week. I hate hospitals and i hate blood, but God gave me peace and it went just fine! Praise God!

-God gave us loving, supportive families that are awesome. They were there for whatever we needed them for. Family is my rock!

-God will continue to be with us through all of this. We know He loves us and has a great plan for our lives:
Jer 29:11 (NIV) "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

God Bless-
Katie

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
4 Comments »

4 Responses to “ Where was God in all of this? ”

Julie said...

Katie,
I am a regular lurker who has been following your story. I appreciate this blog so much. I know that it is hard for you to write, but it is encouraging to me to see that you are still looking to God and noticing the ways that He is working. I know it is so easy to get lost in the every day and to focus on the sorrow, but I admire you for looking for the good in all that has happened. God will always take care of you and I know that someday he will give you another healthy baby to hold and I trust that you will raise that child to look for the ways God works just as you have done during this difficult time. God bless you and Robb and your families.

Mindy Roelofs said...

Hey Katie, Everyone that I talk to about Brenham, I always tell them it was such a "God thing" that you decided on a name for him the night before!!It's amazing how God has worked in mysterious ways the few days before! We love you so much and think that you both are so strong. We really look up to you both and are grateful for the family that we have to get through this
Your sis~Mindy(and Kyle)

Stacey said...

Katie,
I think it is great that you are doing this. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings. It really is amazing how God works in our lives...even the smallest things (like a little kick) will never be forgotten. We are praying to you and Robb. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie!
I am a lurker as of today. Your story and courage has really touched me. I know you hear constantly that you are in people's thoughts and prayers but I wanted to let you know that you are in mine. I love the verse that you put in one blog- "I know the plans I have for you". It keeps me going through the rough spots and I pray that His words will always be a comfort to you.
God bless you!