A Day in the Life of the Lubbers 2017

Saturday, July 8, 2017

Those of you who've been reading here a long time may recall that every year on July 7 we document our day in pictures as a way to remember Brenham on his due date. I don't get to take pictures of him on our family trips, or his first day of school, so this is my way of making me feel like he's a part of our day to day lives. 
It's always been so fun to look back on the prior years and see how things change (mainly how much more free time I have nowadays!!)


My day starts at 7am when Jovie comes in bed to read me a book :)

Sadler joins us around 7:15 and I roll out of bed around 7:30, turn Wild Kratts on and start my morning routine. 

 I head to the kitchen to start my coffee, while it's brewing I take a shot of ACV and pineapple juice, with a splash of lime juice to kick start my morning!

Once my coffee is ready, I splash in some almond milk creamer and sit down for a little quiet time. 

Around 8:00 I get Sadler and Jovie set up with milk, apple slices and another Wild Kratt episode, and  I head downstairs to workout; lately I've been following along with Tone It Up Daily Workouts. This particular day was 30 minutes of cardio (for this I chose a HIIT workout from fitnessblender.com) as well as a 15 minute toning workout on the Tone It Up site

The littles came down to join me around 8:30 and Grayden woke up shortly after (imagine that!)
They all play Legos while I finish my workout.

That was a seriously sweaty one! 

We all head upstairs for breakfast, a banana and egg protein pancake with strawberries for me, a bagel with cream cheese for the boys, and strawberries and a mini muffin for the little lady. 

After breakfast the kids stay busy writing letters and drawing pictures to bring to the cemetery while I get dressed and ready for the day. We pack up library books, get everyone changed into their clothes, hair done, and we're out the door at 9:45
We stop to drop off VBS registration forms, and then head to the cemetery to deliver their artwork and letters. 


Then we head to the library for a new stack of books and movies

and spend some time playing at the ZCS playground. 

We get home around 12:30 and I make lunch: cheese quesadillas for Grayden and Jovie, pizza rolls for Sadler. I warm up some leftover beans and quinoa for myself from last nights dinner. 

After lunch the kids go upstairs to play/watch their new library movies, I throw a load of pool towels in the wash, and then enjoy some time to catch up on the blog, then read (The Kitchen House, so good!) and relax outside. 


Around 3:00 I gathered everyone to play outside for awhile. 

Everyone needed an afternoon pick me up so we came in for a snack. 
The boys worked on some summer homework 

Jovie played "due date" haha, I wonder where she got that idea from!? :)

Robb gets home around 5:20 and I start making dinner. We have cilantro lime rice and black beans with shrimp

After we ate, Robb works out with his cute little trainer :)

And we take a family bike ride to the Hall

The kids play at the park there for awhile 

and we head back home, hop in the van and go to McD's for a little bedtime snack!


The kids are in bed by 9:00, I throw another load of laundry in the wash so Robb can have clean underwear the next day (yes, really, I'm that behind!) and we kick back to watch "13 Reasons Why" on Netflix until Robb falls asleep about 20 minutes in! Ha!
I stay up and read until the load of laundry is done and then go to sleep myself.


And that's a wrap!

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
1 Comment »

One Response to “ A Day in the Life of the Lubbers 2017 ”

Angela said...

I've heard good things about 13 Reasons Why, but I haven't watched it yet. I have read the book, and it was pretty good.