Back To School Dates

Tuesday, October 1, 2019

One of my favorites summer traditions is the one on one dates I take with the kids before they head back to school. 

Jovie chose dinner at Brann’s and shopping at the craft store. 
She was on cloud nine and was so sweet. I often felt like I was talking to a teenager (other than when I tried to convince her that being an EMT might not be the best career path since she “might throw up if there’s blood or if someone falls in a tree” (someone’s been watching “Miracles from Heaven”)
With a lump in my throat, I told her that she was made for Kindergarten. Once my tears dry, I can’t wait to see her thrive!



Next up was Sadler’s turn and boy, did he tire me out! His mind and body move 100 miles an hour. He chose dinner at McDonald’s and then we went to Craig’s Cruisers for their ninja course and trampoline park. 
He had lots of questions about Heaven, lava and burps; most of which I couldn’t answer, but it was fun to have a little peak inside his mind. 
He’s off to 3rd grade, and he’s gonna rock it!




Grayden and I had an awesome time on our “back to school” date. He chose dinner at Panera Bread and fishing. Unfortunately, we didn’t catch a thing, but I love how persistent he is. He could have been out there for hours. It was fun to take part in something he enjoys so much. 
His perseverance will take him far in life, and I know he’s going to do great in his first year of middle school, even though he’s not excited about waking up early!






share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »