I'm finally getting around to answering a chuck of the questions you guys asked me a couple weeks ago. Thanks so much for playing along!
*Jami and Amy said they would love to know my answers to the questions I asked you, so here we go!
1. what was the first thing on your mind today when you woke up? I was dreading going to the gyno for my yearly exam, ugh.
2. when was the last time you cried? an hour ago, at my appointment. I always get emotional in that office, lots of memories. Ugh, I hate crying in public, I feel so dumb now.
3. what do you do for a living? I'm a stay at home mom by day (K. wondered if I will continue to stay at home with Grayden. I hope to continue to stay at home at least until he is in school) and a hairstylist by night (Megon wondered how long I've been doing hair. I started cosmetology school in July of 04 and haven't stopped since, so its been 6 years now!)
4. do you have a blog? tell me a little about it. yes I do! I first started it as a way to journal my feelings after we lost our son and then it turned into so much more!
5. what is/are your favorite blog/s to read (i'm always looking for new ones to add to my list!)
I read a lot of the same blogs you guys do, but my favorite ones are the ones I get most excited about when I see an update! A few of those would be Bring the Rain, I love the way she writes and its always about something I can relate too! Enjoying the Small Things, oh.my.gracious those pictures! And she's an amazing writer as well, makes you feel like you're right there with her. Heart Cries, I know Rebekah and I would be in real life BFF's if we lived closer! I love the way she gives meaning to adoption with her writing.
6. what's one personal product you couldn't do without? (mine is mascara!) Ok, so I said mascara without really thinking about it literally. Technically speaking it would have to be my meds!
7. what's your favorite cereal? raisin bran crunch!
8. if you could go anywhere in the world right now where would you go? hmm, I would love to go somewhere really tropical, like where Ali from the Bachelorette took the guys last week, Tahiti I think it was.
9. what's your biggest fear? oh man, I never should have asked this question! I get so freaked out just by thinking about it. Something happening to Grayden or future children, cancer, my kidney failing, etc are all really scary to me. But mostly I'd have to say losing my husband. I totally agree with B's Mom on this one. I know it might surprise you that I didn't say losing another child as my biggest fear but I think its because I know I can get through that, its awful and heartbreaking just to think about but, I know God's grace got me through that and He would get me through it again if that was His will. I can't imagine losing the man who's been with me through it all. I just couldn't go on.
*shellycoulter said...I like the name Grayden. Did you choose it for a certain reason/meaning or because you just really love it? It's great name for such a cute little guy!
Thank you! We actually had the name Grayden picked out when we were pregnant with Brenham and so when we found out we were getting another little boy we went back to that after a long deliberation. He actually was going to be named something different up until a week before he was born when we finally settled on Grayden! I can't imagine his name anything different, it suits him really well!
*Joy said...How do you stay in shape and keep your weight low?
Oh well thank you Joy but you should know that I'm actually 10 pounds heavier right now than I was when I was 20 weeks pregnant! (granted I had only gained 5 lbs during pregnancy but still! ;) Believe it or not I have issues with my weight, I had lost 30pounds while I was sick and when I got healthy again and put on steroids and other meds with side effects of weight gain I had gained it all back plus some! I had to get all new pants and it was really hard to get used to the way I looked again. I try to make healthy choices with food, but I'm terrible at exercising. I was doing some walking this Spring but then it got too hot out and I'm just full of excuses now aren't I?! Does chasing a busy 14 month old count for anything?! :) Its a work in progress, but thank so much for your compliment!
more answers to come!
Do your Ears Hang low?
5 hours ago