Tulip Time 2014

Thursday, May 22, 2014

We missed a good chunk of Tulip Time this year due to our trip to Key West so when we got back we made up for lost time with 2 visits downtown. 

The first was Thursday afternoon. In keeping with tradition, I met up with my friend Emily and her 3 kids for the kinderparade. The weather was perfect considering the winter we had. A few rain drops, but the rest of the time was the perfect balance of clouds and sun. 







(yes, tulips on her dress!)



The kids did great, Jovie slept through most of it, and I only lost Sadler for a brief moment!
I don't think we've ever made it through the whole parade before this year!


Our second venture downtown was on Friday night. We snapped a couple pictures, grabbed some junk food and went on our way! 


(again with the tulip on her shirt, can't help myself!)
I took a gamble when I bought this shirt off zulily while I was pregnant, not knowing if we were having a girl or a boy, or if I bought the right size to wear during Tulip Time. It was fun to see her get to wear it!



poor Jovie only got to eat a bottle during our junk food fest, sorry baby, next year you an elephant ear too!

I never had a chance to take Jovie in her dutch costume during Tulip Time, it just seemed like such a hassle. Then I felt kinda bad since the boys both had pictures in their costumes as babies, so I took Jovie to Dutch Village this morning (and it was a hassle, like I thought it would be!) but she looks so precious! Totally worth it!

And similar to the tulip shirt, I bought this costume the Spring before Grayden was born at a garage sale just in case we ever had a baby girl who might fit into it. My niece Makenna got to wear it when she was a baby, and now Jovie! Feeling pretty lucky!




share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
2 Comments »

2 Responses to “ Tulip Time 2014 ”

Emily said...

Love this! We drove up last weekend and had a wonderful time! I meant to blog about it this week, but that just didn't happen. Maybe next week! The tulips were stunning!

Anonymous said...

Love Jovie's pink headband. Do you know where you got it?