leave a legacy

Monday, December 29, 2008

Jeremy Camp - There Will Be A Day
I try to hold on to this world with everything I have
But I feel the weight of what it brings, and the hurt that tries to grab
The many trials that seem to never end, His word declares this truth,
that we will enter in this rest with wonders anew
But I hold on to this hope and the promise that He brings
That there will be a place with no more suffering.
There will be a day with no more tears, no more pain, and no more fears
There will be a day when the burdens of this place, will be no more, we'll see Jesus face to face But until that day, we'll hold on to you always.
I know the journey seems so long You feel you’re walking on your own
But there has never been a step Where you’ve walked out all alone
Troubled soul don’t lose your heart
Cause joy and peace he brings
And the beauty that’s in store
Outweighs the hurt of life’s sting
I can’t wait until that day where the very one I’ve lived for always
will wipe away the sorrow that I've faced.
To touch the scars that rescued me from a life of shame and misery
this is why this is why I sing
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's been ten months since Brenham went to see Jesus face to face and 24 hours since Dylan did.
I've spent these last 10 months trying to leave Brenham's mark on this world, trying to leave his legacy on the hearts of all who will never know him. 10 months is too long to be without him but not long enough to leave his footprints over this Earth, as much as I want to be with HIM, I know God's not through with me yet. There is so much more planned for me. So many blessing yet to be bestowed. So much joy in our future. So many more lives to reach out to.
Come quickly Lord Jesus. I want to see your face. But until that day I'll hold on to HIM and keep living for the ONE who died for me.
Pray for patience as we walk this journey.

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
11 Comments »

11 Responses to “ leave a legacy ”

Anonymous said...

There will be a day with no more tears, no more pain, and no more fears. For that reason all of the Earth shall keep on with the daily habit. Love You!

the sayers said...

Katie:
You are amazing!! God is using you for His glory. You put it so honestly: To come quickly, to see His face, yet, until--hold unto Him and keep living for Him, the One that died for me. And, the prayer for patience as we walk.
Thanks so much for your testimony you share with us.
Much love and prayers:
K & J Sayers

Kristin said...

Enjoyed reading your blog.

I love that particular song.

I'm so sorry for your loss but conforted that you are on the right path and leaning on our Father.

Anonymous said...

Hey Katie,
I want to get so I can read Nicole's blog. I cant get to it to go. I tried to click on her name and hit the blog, bug it shows up in a tiny box. I can't read it. If you can help me find it, that'd be awesome! Oh, by the way thanks for posting this blog. It lets us know there is a reason we live for. Praying for you!

Kate @ When Hello Means Goodbye said...

try this:
http://fromgummybeartosweetbaby.blogspot.com

creative gal said...

Praying for you. I love that song.

Shannon Strong said...

I stumbled onto your blog a few weeks ago, and have just finished reading your entire journey. Several times I was brought to tears and several times as well brought to joy by your strength and strong faith. I added myself as a follower to your blog! First...I am so deeply sorry for your loss. You two look like such a beautiful couple, and I have prayed several times for your family since I came upon your blog. God Bless you and your family, and your grace in everything is uplifting to me in so many ways. Thank you. I pray for only the best for you and yours. God Bless-Shannon Strong-Snow

Unknown said...

Katie
Your a godsend to Chad and Nicole. I do not know you personally but I have read your blog many times. I cannot even begin to imagine how hard this must of been for you due to the loss of your son not that long ago. Chad and Nicole are two of my husband and I's good friends and I truly admire you for your strength and courage through this difficult time for not only Chad and Nicole, but for your husband and you. God Bless you Katie! If only our world had more people out there like you!

Laurie in Ca. said...

Katie,

I sure have been praying for Chad and Nicole and will continue to in the weeks and months ahead, just as I do for you and Robb. My heart hurts for the pain that all four of you are going through. I carry all of you in my prayers. I am so glad that they have you to lean on and of course the Lord. Bless you.

Laurie in Ca.

Anonymous said...

Thank-you so much Katie! It worked.
( the web address )

Anonymous said...

Hey Katie,
That is a beautiful song. I know the Lord has wonderful plans ahead for you and Robb. You will have many days and years of joy with children. You have come so far. Keep up the faith.
Love,
Myrna