Tag...Your'e it!

Friday, August 22, 2008

I have been tagged to tell 6 random things about myself.

Ok, here it goes:



1. I am deathly afraid of monkeys. All types. I am not sure what it is about them maybe the evolution, humans evolved from monkeys thing, or that they are scary smart or what, but i hate 'em.



2. I am a human compass, i can always tell what direction i am facing, even if the sun isnt out. Weird.



3. I hate it when my food touches each other. you know like when your applesauce runs into your dinner roll, hate that. Those Styrofoam plates with the divided sections are my best friend at pot-lucks!



4. I am the total opposite of a pack-rat. I throw away everything (unless it somehow reminds me of brenham or of when i was pregnant with brenham), On one of my binging episodes i almost threw out my high-school diploma, b/c i dont really NEED it, but i thought better of it.



5. I love polka-dots! ( i know thats random but i am getting desperate here!)



6. hmm, one more......okay, i really didnt want to put this but i am out of ideas.

:takes deep breath:.....

I havent showered in 153 days now, only baths until i get the port in my chest taken out, oh that will be a happy day. If you live close by you better be ready that day, i might shower at your house once the hot water runs out here. yeah, it will be that long!
***updated 11/15/08***
I am showering regularly again!

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
8 Comments »

8 Responses to “ Tag...Your'e it! ”

Drama Queen said...

pssst....Katie. Lean in real close. Closer...closer.

As a dialysis nurse, we sometimes tell our catheter patients, that are really wanting a shower, to use Glad Press 'n Seal around their catheter site to keep it dry during a QUICK(!!!) shower. If you're really desperate, it's worth a shot.

If your nephrologist and dialysis nurses disagree, you didn't hear it from me. I'll deny everything!! ;)

Good Luck!!

Anonymous said...

Robb and Katie,

Kristen and I continue to think and pray for the two of you. We looked back at the posts, and they bring us to tears. You two have been through so much, and have been so strong through it all. We saw this quote and we thought of you two; "God does not waste an ounce of our pain or a drop of our tears; suffering doesn't come our way for no reason, and He seems especially efficient at using what we endure to mold our character. If we are malleable, He takes our bumps and bruises and shapes them into something beautiful." We can't wait to see what God is up to. Continue to be strong, continue to pray, and know that those around you are still praying and hoping for better things to come!

-Nate and Kristen

Mom 2 my boys said...

Although I have never met you , I check on you all the time :) It was great to see this post today...and I agree with throwing things away! I often joke that if its not moving its gone :) Continue to pray for you!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I thought I was the only 'freak' who HATES to have my food touch! My husband laughs at me all the time for it! Yay for another person like me out there! Hope you're doing well!

Anonymous said...

How did your appointment go? Did they schedule your surgery? Still praying!!!

Christie, Jeff and Kennedy said...

I am SO with you on #3! I would have registered for divided china if it existed.

I am praying for you, I hope all goes well with your surgery so you're able to do home dialysis soon!

The Klanderman Family said...

Thanks for the tag...check out my blog! Love you girl...Have a great Sunday and say Hi to everyone at church from us...we miss you soo much. Thanks for sharing life on your blog. You rock! At His feet,
Amy

Mrs. Case said...

Wow, the majority of these could've been random facts about myself. So much in common!