A day in the life of the lubbers

Saturday, July 7, 2012

every year, on July 7 I document a day in our life. it’s been fun to see how our day to day life has changed over the years!
7:30 am Sadler wakes up!
IMG_1277
he has his typical breakfast, almond milk and a banana!
IMG_1278
grayden snoozes until a few minutes before 8
IMG_1253
Grayden grabs a granola bar for breakfast and we are off to Gray’s last day of soccer camp by 8:20
IMG_1280
IMG_1255
IMG_1259
IMG_1260
IMG_1262
IMG_1263
after soccer we hit the farmers market for donuts and zucchini
IMG_1268
IMG_1269
on the way home we stopped by work and traded grandpa a donut for a tractor ride!
IMG_1273
i took the boys home to get sadler to bed while robb loaded up the rubber mulch for the play set
IMG_1276
IMG_1290
while sadler napped and gray played in the sand, robb and I worked hard at spreading the mulch, i even got a blister! but it looks nice and I’m excited to finally have that project done! Sadler woke up just as we were finishing (about an hour)
IMG_1281
IMG_1282
IMG_1284
 IMG_1287
IMG_1289
we treated ourselves to McDonald's for all our hard work!
IMG_1288
after lunch we worked on building the water blob!
IMG_1292
IMG_1296
IMG_1308
IMG_1310
it took about as much time to fill up as the kids spent playing in it, but we all had fun!
we played outside until about 3:00 when both boys went down for a nap.
IMG_1315
IMG_1316
while they napped, robb and i made zucchini brownies to bring to the cottage tomorrow
IMG_1312
I also got some reading time in, yes, I'm behind. I have the hardest time staying caught up!
IMG_1319
spent some time online, and sat outside for a little while Robb ran to the store for more cocoa for the brownie frosting, adjusted all the sprinklers and mowed the lawn (boy, that makes me sound lazy :)
IMG_1321
Sadler woke up at 4:30 and rode the lawn mover with him
IMG_1318
Grayden woke up at 5:30 and then we had a simple Saturday dinner, frozen pizza for the boys and zucchini boats for me
IMG_1322
after we ate we played outside the rest of the night,
IMG_1324
IMG_1325
IMG_1334
we head inside after a little visit with grandpa and grandma, who came over to check out the rubber shreds for the play set around 8:30.
The boys get showered up while I spend some time getting sweaty on the treadmill
IMG_1336

Gray and Sadler are in bed by 9:00 and Sadler falls right asleep.
IMG_1344
IMG_1345

Gray usually reads in crazy places while having a snack for awhile until he eventually falls asleep!
IMG_1346
Robb and I hang out downstairs watching TV and snacking on popcorn and frozen lemonade.
We’ll head to bed soon and that’s where the updates end!

Thanks for following along on our day, it was a perfect mixture of busy and relaxing, exciting and boring!

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
5 Comments »

5 Responses to “ A day in the life of the lubbers ”

Elma said...

Looks like a wonderful day!!!

Anonymous said...

Such a cool post! Looks like a fun, and very normal day with little ones!

-Allyssa

Jenna said...

I love Gray's summer buzz. I just did the same for Jax a few weeks ago. They look so grown up!!

Jodi said...

I've never seen or heard of the water blob. Looks cool!

edmo said...

i love the "day in the life" idea. I am not sure my blog could handle all the pictures I'd take, but I might try it one day.