Mirror, Mirror on the Wall

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

who's the fairest of them all?

I should be sound asleep right now, as it is a dialysis day, but i just cant sleep, so i thought i would write down some thoughts.

Being in the beauty industry i focus a lot (maybe too much) on my physical appearance. Lately no matter how much time i spend in front of the mirror i just cant get myself to look the way i want. Tonight as i sat in the bath tub i starred at my body in disgust. I cant remember the last time i felt good about the way i looked. I have this image in my head of the way i should look....pregnant and glowing. But i couldn't be further from that right now.

Those of you who know and see me regularly have probably noticed my recent weight loss...i am aware...and i hate it. The 34-week pregnant katie should be 40 pounds heavier right now but i am not. And i am constantly reminded of that every time i look in the mirror. Will i ever feel good about myself again?

I am not sure why i am sharing this...i guess i just need some prayers, for me to be content with what i can not change..in every area of my life, not just this.

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
6 Comments »

6 Responses to “ Mirror, Mirror on the Wall ”

Anonymous said...

Praying for you!!!

Anonymous said...

Katie

You are an amazing and beautiful woman. Know that you are beautiful on the outside, but more importantly you are beautiful on the inside. I will continue to pray for you!! Your Friend.

Anonymous said...

You are absolutely beautiful Katie...inside and out. Praying for you right now!
-Lydia

Anonymous said...

I have never known you to have an "ugly" day! Just know that it is only a "feeling" not fact that you are experiencing right now! Stay healthy to have more babies soon! Don't you go anorexic on me girl! Hang in there...eat some ice cream!

Nicole B

Anonymous said...

The former anorexic in me wants to give you a long explanation about body image being a reflection of feelings of insecurity and lack of control. Instead, I'll just say that you are a beautiful person, that you are clearly loved by many people, and you are in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Your baby boys headstone is SO pretty...
It made me cry.