"Katie's Kidney" Update II

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Since many of you have been asking I thought I would quick give everyone an update as to what has been going on , sorry to those who have already heard this.
On May 6 we are going to GR for a kidney transplant seminar. After we attend this class we will be able to set up the evaluation appointment. At this evaluation I will have tests done to determine whether or not I would be a good candidate for a transplant. If I pass the tests my family will get tested further to see if we have a match. If I don't pass, it would most likely be b/c of the blood transfusions I got recently caused antibodies to form, we are still praying that did not happen. If that is the case from what I understand I would be put on the donor list and hopefully find a match eventually. But that could take years b/c it would be very rare to match up the same antibodies. It is hard for me to grasp that this is out of my control, what's done is done and there is nothing I can do anymore to prevent antibodies. I just pray all day, everyday that I don't have antibodies. Ugh, I just hate not knowing. I am so worried, Can ya tell?
Technically from what the culture showed, my site is not infected but the nurses are treating it like it is by giving me antibiotics for another week. But they say it is looking better everyday. I will finally be able to get my stitches out once I am off the antibiotics. I can't wait.
I am working on getting scheduled for a class on home dialysis. There would be A LOT to learn but it would be so much more convenient. I hate being tied down to it and like I have said before, it is not the funnest (I know that isn't a word but "most fun" sounds weird) place to be.
So I guess that's all for now. I will let you know more as it comes! Thanks for your prayers and remember, no antibodies!!

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
3 Comments »

3 Responses to “ "Katie's Kidney" Update II ”

Anonymous said...

Katie -

We will continue to pray for good results from your tests. The song on your blog "If You Want Me To" is very meaningful to us as well. We found the words were what we were feeling during Trav's illness many times.
Katie and Robb - you are a witness to many! We pray for strength and patience for you both.
Keith & Sally

Julybride_07 said...

I will continue to pray that you do not have anti-bodies! You are alwyas in my thoughts and prayers! God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Katie-
I hope these words from the song "What I Know" by the Brown family help to encourage you & Robb as you place your faith in God.

When circumstances find me in a place I've never been
When hopelessness surrounds me and the walls are closing in
When my imagination has wreaked havoc on my soul
I can rise above it all because of what I know

What I know is that I walk by faith and not by sight
What I know is I can make it through the darkest night
What I know is when my back is bent beneath the load
I can rise above it all because of what I know

I know He's my healer, I know He's my friend
He's faithful, He's my comforter, on Him I can depend
I'm sure of my salvation because He washed me white as snow
And I can rise above it all because what I know
xoxomoml