Hang Tight :)

Saturday, October 18, 2008

I am still here, thanks for being concerned. I have a new post brewing in my mind for the past few days, but i want to make sure it is just right so i am still thinking and praying for the right words and for the Lord's message to shine thru!
So keep checking in!

Just a quick update cuz i feel bad i left you hanging: Robb's parents arrived here on wednesday night and have been keeping us company and making sure we have everything we need. i have been going in bright and early every morning for blood work and then have an appointment with the doctor everyday. they sure are keeping an eye on me! Everything is going great, paco is still kicking toxin butt, my creatnine level is 1.2 down from 12? the day of surgery! Woot! They are very pleased with that, on the high side of normal range but the low side of transplanted range!!
Still working on getting the right dosing for all my meds figured out and dealing with some less than pleasant side effects. My pain is manageable, the incision is healing up nicely.

hmm...anything i am forgetting? any questions? just ask!!

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
11 Comments »

11 Responses to “ Hang Tight :) ”

A Truly Grand Haven said...

Katie~
So glad to hear that things are going so well! That is so awesome that the Doctor's are keeping such a close watch on you, making sure Paco keeps working. I pray that you keep healing and that everyday is a little better than the last. How is your HGB...?

Kate @ When Hello Means Goodbye said...

ah yes, my hemoglobin is 9.4 as of yesterday, a touch low, but nothing to be concerned about!

Patrice and Higgins said...

I have been a touch concerned that we have not heard anything from you, but then again I figured that you must be worn completly out!

So glad to hear that they are keeping a close watch on you, and you were on my thought on Wednesday for Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Day.

Keep up the good work, and keep pee-ing!! He he!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear things are going well.

Pippa Faz said...

Hi Katie!!! I haven't posted before (atleast I don't think??) but I wanted to let you know that I have been praying for you since the first day that I saw your blog. Through your blog, I have learned so much and am soo happy to 'know' someone so special. I continue to pray that the lord use your precious story!!!

In Him,
Adri

LJFredricks said...

Glad you are doing well Katie! Don't worry about us just relax and heal! We will go ahead and keep praying. If we don't hear from you we will know that no news is good news. I am glad to hear from you ;)

Anonymous said...

glad to hear that everything is still going good!! Take care and we'll be praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Hey there Katie! We just wanted to let you know that we were thinking of you today! Is there an address that we can send a card to?

The Reiminks

Anonymous said...

Hi Robb and Katie - I was hoping no news was good news. Glad to hear things have been going well. Mindy and Kyle were in church this morning - so happy to see that. Say HI to Steve and Jan and know we are thinking of you guys and praying for you daily...ORC friend

The VanderZwaags said...

Glad to hear things are going well!!!!! Here's a question...what do you guys do to pass the time? I know Steve & Jan have been there...are you guys able to go out or do you need to stay at the hotel?? Just curious...you said to ask a question!!! :) Continue to keep you in our prayers!!! Hope to see you back in Overisel soon!!!

Kate @ When Hello Means Goodbye said...

oh good question, we mostly hang out in the hotel room. i rest alot and sitting up straight is still uncomfortable so i prefer to lounge on the bed, but we did venture out to the mall yesterday and went on a nature walk (err ride for me) today so it was nice to get some fresh air, we play games, go to bed early and wake up early for blood work and start the day all over again. Hopefully once i am able to sit for longer periods of time i can get out even more.