Visitors...

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Now that I am back I am so anxious to see friends and family around again but there is something I have to ask of you if you are planning a visit:

Please refrain from coming over if you are currently sick and have not been symptom-free for at least 5 days, if you live with someone who is sick, or have been in close contact with someone who is sick.

After transplant in order to keep my body from attacking Paco i have been put on lots of immunosuppresent drugs. These drugs kill your body's immune system therefore making it very easy to catch illnesses and very hard to fight them off. Getting sick could lead to hospitalization or other serious complications.

We are so blessed to have so many friends and family members be so supportive and thoughtful, please understand that this post isn't meant to offend anyone or imply in any way that we don't completely appreciate all of the love, good wishes and acts of kindness that have been done on our behalf. Thanks for your understanding!

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
11 Comments »

11 Responses to “ Visitors... ”

Keren said...

I wish I could come visit you :( sending my love from Seattle!

The VanderZwaags said...

Well said!! I think people will understand! Welcome home and back to Overton (Overisel & Hamilton!!) Hope you enjoyed your first night back and slept well!!! Was your puppy happy to see you??? Glad to have you back!

Val said...

Katie, of course we will all understand!!! We want to keep you healthy too!!!! Glad youre home!!!

aLLie said...

I hope you feel better and stay healthy!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being home!!!!
We have colds so we'll stay away, but I'm so glad you are back!!!! WOW, what an adventure for you, Robb and of course, Paco!!! :)

Ryan and Lydia said...

We are so glad to have you back!

Patrice and Higgins said...

First let me say a BIG WOO TO THE HOO!!!!!!! You are home..yippee!! I know your furry one was glad to see you!

I hope that everything continues to go well!! So how is your sister, she back to feeling herself again?

Laurie in Ca. said...

I am so glad that you are at home and that you are taking care of yourself. I don't think anyone would think you mean to protect yourself against any germs right now. Your life depends on it girl. Take care and before you know it, you will be able to see all the people you want (healthy ones of course). Enjoy being at home while you continue to heal from this miracle.

Laurie in Ca.

momofboysx3-123 said...

Hello
glad you are home and feeling good. I think everyone will understand that you need to stay healthy after your transplant. I hope to come anad visit you soon, I have a couple more magazines for you
Sheila

Anonymous said...

What happens if Robb gets sick!?!

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie,
So glad to hear you are back home and things are going well.
People do understand when you tell them why you do certain things to protect your health. I know from experience. Maybe there will be 2 of us who won't shake hands in chruch now :>)
Tell Paco to keep working as "he" should so tht creatine level can get to be normal.
Marcia