Success !!!!!

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Katie and Mindy are doing great!!!
The Doctor came in and told us that the surgery went wonderfully. Katie's new kidney is working great and producing urine like crazy. The doctor and nurses seem to be very pleased. Katie is still pretty sedated but I have talked with her and she is doing well. They gave her a hand held sort of push button remote that she can push for additional pain medication. (Drugs on Demand:) They have told us that it may be a rough night trying to sleep with the pain and monitoring. Please pray that she can sleep well. She is doing a great job at that right now as I'm watching her sleep while I type. Anyway I thought that you would like to know a funny story about Katie. Seeing that she is sleeping I have some time. If you know Katie you know that she has to be the most like able person alive. Always happy and smiling even when she isn't feeling that way inside. Also she is got to be one of the toughest people I know physically and mentally. For example yesterday at one of our many appointments we were meeting with the surgeon. This would to most people be a scary and serious conversation. When the surgeon was done explaining what was going to happen he asked if we had any questions. Katie said "yea I was wondering what happens if you drop the kidney when you are carrying it from Mindy to me?" What a great question to lighten the mood. By the way if you are wondering the kidney would be ok they just have to clean it and sterilize it if this would happen. So that is about it for now. Tomorrow they are planning on having Katie get up and walk two to three times throughout the day. Maybe she will be back in blogging form sometime tomorrow. (she is a little better at doing this than I am)

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
24 Comments »

24 Responses to “ Success !!!!! ”

Alli said...

Thanks for the constant updates, Robb!
I've been praying for all of you throughout the day. I'll be praying for a wonderful recovery and that both girls are back to their normal selves....and for a great night of sleep for the two...and you, too.
God Bless

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all of the updates! We are praying hard here in Overisel. I pray for a good nights sleep for everyone! God Bless! and Keep Looking Up!! :)

usemagnetboards.com said...

Robb thanks for the updates! Very glad to hear that Katie and Mindy are well. Great story too...that's so Katie!

Anonymous said...

YEAH! that sounds just like Katie! Thank you so much for the update Robb...we have been waiting! Love you guys, and you do a great job writing! You guys are great! Heidi Michalak :)

Erin said...

thanks for the updates! this is so amazing for you both!!!

Kellie said...

Thank the Lord! Tell Katie and Mindy that we are all praying for a quick and painless recovery!! Take care of yourself too Robb!!

Anonymous said...

YAY KATIE!!!!
I hope you sleep well tonight! Congratulations!

Val said...

Robb, you are so sweet for updating this for the girls and such a caring husband! What a great pair the two of you are!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay for lots of urine! Ryan was giving me updates today, and I kept asking him if Katie was urinating. He told me I was obcessed with pee...I guess that it is the nurse in me! I am praying that Katie, Mindy, and the rest of the family gets a good nights rest. That drugs on demand thing is called a PCA pump (patient controlled analgesia), and it is wonderful...encourage her to use it! Can't wait for more good news! We love you guys!
-Lydia

Dan and Jordan said...

Great job updating us Robb. I am so glad to hear such awesome news.

Anonymous said...

A cheerful look...
think of my sparkling eyes, my cute little nose and my tilted head when you talk to me...
...brings JOY to the heart
and GOOD NEWS gives health to the bones! Psalm 56:8

We praising God for the good news and we can't wait to see your
CHEERFUL LOOK!

Patrice and Higgins said...

Yay for PEE!! I never thought I would say that! Still praying hard for everyone! BTW, you are doing a great job at this blogging thing, keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Robb
You are doing a great job with the updates- thanks-
I love the story about Katie-
I send you and Katie prayers for sleep throughout the nite. Her pain medicine button is called a PCA(pain controlled anestheic)- they are wonderful- All my patients that I take care of who have those love it!!
Give Mindy and Kyle- Jane and Ed our love

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!This brought back a lot of memories. All scary and wonderful. I'm so incredibly excited for all of you and especially excited that God has watched over you through this whole process and I am confident that he will continue to do so. You are an inspiration:)

-Misty Genzink (Jordan's sister)

Anonymous said...

Praise God!! We are so happy to hear that the surgeries were a success!!

Anonymous said...

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!! We are so thrilled to hear that all went well, and the girls are recovering! Keep the postings coming! Yay God!!

Terry & Natalia said...

Thanks for keeping us updated Robb!!! I'm so glad that the man upstairs is answering our prayers!!! God Bless!!!

Anonymous said...

Hooray!!! Such good news! God is good. Susan carter

Jennyc said...

Our Family praying for all three of you. You are such wonderful people.

Jacki said...

I hope last night went well and that today Katie and Mindy will both continue to get stronger and can walk around!

Love lots- jacki

~Jess said...

Oh that is SO wonderful!

Jill Sloothaak said...

Trey and I were on our way to school this morning and we heard the DJs on JQ99 talking about Katie and Mindy and reading from your blog!! So fun! It made me smile, and I thought you might like to know. We are celebrating a successful surgery!! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news!!! Our prayers keep going up for you. Thanks for the updates! Praise the Lord!

Anonymous said...

Haha! I love that post, that is so something Katie would say! :) I have been thinking and praying for your family all day and I have been so anxious to hear how katie and mindy are doing! thanks for keeping us updated! Katie I CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU WHEN YOU GET HOME!! I have so many tears in my eyes right now I am soo happy for you and what an amazing sister you have!! Cant wait to talk to you soon! :) Love you!!!