"Roller coaster"

Friday, October 10, 2008

I'm glad to report that Katie is doing great. She is back from recovery and has been in her normal room for most of the afternoon. She still does have pain and is tired which is to be expected. She seems to be in great spirits and has her sense of humor back. The doctors are not exactly sure what happened. The only thing they think is that she was not getting enough fluid. This may be a result of her being on PD dialysis which can absorb some of the fluid before it can get to wherever it is suppose to go. (I am definitely not a doctor) Since the surgery she is back to being a urine making machine. I have never in my life been so glad to look at pee:)

Needless to say it has been a roller coaster of a day. I decided to sleep at the hotel last night b/c I didn't sleep well in the chair the night before. I was woke up at 6:00 with a phone call. I didn't get it in time and it went to voice mail. I quickly answered and it was Katie saying that she hoped that I was on my way because she was going to the OR soon. (Wost phone call that I have ever received) I couldn't call back to the number so I got dressed and ran to the hospital. And the rest is history.

Mindy is recovering nicely and is expected to get out of the hospital sometime tomorrow.

God definitely is at work in some mysterious ways, but his presence has definitely been felt through this whole ordeal. Please continue to be prayer warriors. I know that the devil has tried his best to break us but we will not be moved!!!! GLORY BE TO GOD!!!!!

The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. (Psalm 9:9-10)

You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. (Psalm 32:7-8)

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
12 Comments »

12 Responses to “ "Roller coaster" ”

Anonymous said...

Amen! Our God is stronger than the devil!

Anonymous said...

Greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world!!
Our God is sooooo much stronger than Satan.
Prayers are still being sent out on your behalf--may your whole family feel an extra amount of God's love, grace and mercy. Let the God of peace rule in you--to experience the peace of God!!
Love N Prayers-- K & J

Tami Parks said...

We have been following the journey - please feel our prayers and hope!

Kellie said...

Mike and I are always praying for you guys. It looks like you are keeping your spirits up though so that is good. Thank you so much for keeping us updated Robb! God bless you two and Mindy and her hubby! He is watching over you I just know!

The VanderZwaags said...

Thanks for the update Robb. We hope that this weekend is a little less eventful!! We continue to pray for you guys.

Julybride_07 said...

Thank you for the update!! You guys are in my prayers!!! God Bless!!

Abbie said...

Thank you for the update! I am praying!

the haverdink family... said...

Heard the prayer request this morning on JQ, went to your blog and prayed. Now am SOOO thankful that things are better... :)

Take care of yourself!!! Wendy

Anonymous said...

Wow - you guys are amazing! I have tears in my eyes just reading your updates - all the ups and downs you have been through and you still have a sense of humor and are holding so tightly to your faith. Keep doing that as we all keep praying for you back home in Overisel. I hope you feel as good as you look on the pictures - thanks for the updates - ORC friend

Anonymous said...

have been praying, will continue to pray. it's odd but last night i woke up (i've been sick) and couldn't go back to sleep and all i could think about was the last post I read from this blog... I had no idea why i couldn't get it out of my mind, but i prayed the entire time i was awake last night! we'll keep it up! the devil's got nothing on prayer warriors!

Kate @ When Hello Means Goodbye said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hey Katie and crew!!!
The whole K&R Krew is praying for the family. We pray for your safety there and pray for your safety when your group starts coming back. You are missed!!!!!!!!

Randy