what a beautiful ride

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Grayden and I were jamming to the radio this morning just like we always do when we are in the car. And on a rare occasion I switched the dial to the country station because I just wasn't in the mood to listen to the carpet cleaning commercials and hearing about where I should get my oil changed in between the songs I listen to on my regular station.

The song "Life Aint't Always Beautiful" by Gary Allen came on and as I was singing along I thought about how true so many of those words are in life.


Life isn't always what we dream it will be.

I remember going through my teenage years dreaming about my future. And in those dreams I would marry the man of my dream, have a beautiful wedding, get pregnant and give birth to lots of babies that look just like us and all live happily ever after in the huge house we built. Never did these plans include burying our first born, fighting for my life for 7 months, having surgery after surgery, a kidney transplant and walking the difficult road to become parents again.


Even though life didn't go EXACTLY as planned and the road to get here was difficult. I could not be any happier than I am right now. Our journey was long, hard and painful but I wouldn't change it. It all paid off 100 times over because now as I type this I am snuggling our precious son who I can't imagine life without. He is worth all it! Everything I've endured...it's all ok now because we have him.
Life ain't always beautiful
But it's a beautiful ride! Just like the song says.

See! isn't he SO worth it?


And getting back to my revised blog title I added at the bottom "He made something beautiful out of our suffering". I adapted that little line from the song "Resurrection" by Nicol Sponberg
Her words say 'Make something beautiful out of all this suffering'. I prayed that prayer many times in this past year and he answered my plea in the most perfect way!!
Grayden is our 'something beautiful!'



share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
18 Comments »

18 Responses to “ what a beautiful ride ”

Jan said...

Oh, I love that smile! Grandma L.

Anonymous said...

He really is beautiful!!!

Lisa Marie said...

Absolutely beautiful! He is such a gorgeous and precious gift from God! I'm so glad you're enjoying every minute. They are so much fun! :) What a sweet smile you have baby boy!

Lori said...

I would say he IS worth the wait, too. The picture of him in his car seat is priceless. He has such a big, happy smile! He looks like he loves his Mommy and Daddy!!

Erin said...

God is good....both of your sons are beautiful!

Holly said...

God can definitely create beauty from all the pain.

designHER Momma said...

God is pretty amazing. What a fantastic story - and it's far from over!

Katie said...

You have such a beautiful way with words. Both of your sons are lucky to have you as their Mama.

Suzanne said...

SO worth it!
The smile in that photo is absolutely priceless.
Blessings.

The VanderZwaags said...

Katie:

I just can't get over how big he is looking in that one picture!! I can't believe he is going to be 2 months old this coming month! Where is the time going...you'll have a 2 month old and I'll have a 2 year old! AHHH!!!! Enjoy it...it goes too quickly!

Anonymous said...

Aww, he's adorable. I hope you continue to share your story, it's so inspiring!

http://www.FabBrunette.com

tscarter7 said...

Oh goodness Katie! He is absolutely ADORABLE!!! So happy for you!

Kelly said...

He is SUCH a cutie!

Pamela said...

You have such a beautiful family.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

He is too cute....great picture.

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

He is so cute.

Destini said...

It is funny, I was thinking about you and all that you've been through in the past year as I was drifting off to sleep last nite. Though I haven't commented(as I remember), I've lifted you and your family in prayer for quite some time. I log on this morning to find that you have a post related to the same topic!

I am reminded of the verse where God promises restoration for the years the locust have taken. It is awesome to see the fulfillment of that promise unfold in your life. Though you will never be the same person you were a year ago, God has restored you and brought you back even better. I LOVE that!

I am praising God for the GREAT and not so great moments in your life, for he has truly brought something beautiful from your suffering.
Have a great day!

Mae said...

OMG That smile is too cute!