{recipe} a summer favorite

Thursday, June 2, 2011

I feel kinda silly sharing such a simple recipe with you, its not complicated or ‘gourmet’ by any means but simple is good too sometimes, especially in the busy summer!

 

**Chicken Fajitas**

IMG_1571

~cut up 3 medium sized bell peppers in a variety of colors, I used red, yellow and orange but green would have been prettier!

~cut up half an onion

~sauté in olive oil until onion and pepper are tender, stir often and don’t get distracted by checking facebook like I did and burn them a ‘lil!

~add cut up chicken (i buy the pre cooked strips, so easy)

~pour in teriyaki sauce, I didn’t measure but I’d say it was about a cup

IMG_1574 

~simmer for 15 minutes!

IMG_1575 

spoon into tortilla shells and ENJOY!
IMG_1577

also great on top rice and mozzarella cheese!!

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
9 Comments »

9 Responses to “ {recipe} a summer favorite ”

Elizabeth said...

This is so simple and looks very tastey! Thanks for sharing! I'm always looking for new recipes!

xoxo,
Blogging Blondie

Ryan V. said...

Yum! Is that chicken in the freezer section? That makes it super easy! I love sweet baby rays bbq sauce but have never tried the teriyaki...I'll have to try that! Thanks for sharing!

TanaLee Davis said...

This is a favorite of mine.
~Felicia

Anonymous said...

I recognize the aldi stuff! I shop there too! I can't wait for the new Aldi to be built on the north side of Holland! Thanks for the recipe. I love chicken fajitas but never tried making them myself. I remember once a loooong time ago my grandma was reading Holland Christian's lunch menu and called them fuh-jittas when I was in high school. We died laughing.

DianeTaylor said...

This looks so good, yum. Now my stomach is growling. Thanks for sharing!

Joy said...

Yummo!

Anonymous said...

Sounds great! Thanks!
Carley

A Love Worth Waiting For.... said...

YUM!! Now I really want some fajitas!! :)

Hope y'all have a great weekend! Love You!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes the simplest things are the best!!