Good Friday

Friday, April 6, 2012

 

“It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished
I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection
Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom”

 

We sang this song in church last night at our Maundy Thursday service and it really caught my attention again today when I heard the radio announcer say it was sung by “Sarah  SADLER!”

I think its such a beautiful song with powerful words that proclaim God’s unfathomable love for us, for each and every one of you! He died for YOU! He died that horrible death on the cross because He loves YOU that much! If you believe in Him your sins are forgiven and you have been redeemed by the blood of the Lamb!

Thank you for the cross, Jesus!

“For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
1 Comment »

One Response to “ Good Friday ”

Jill Sloothaak said...

I heard this song this morning too. It gives me chills!