Insta Friday

Friday, April 5, 2013

We had some sunnier weather last week Friday afternoon, so we had cousins makenna and peyton over to play. I took the big kids with me to get the mail on the 'cooler cart' but we ran low on battery power on the way up the driveway. gray was happy to help us out!

I put them to work shoveling the snow so it would melt faster :)

I made chocolate pudding using avocado. it was super yummy. 

Monday night dinner. Lemon baked tilapia, asparagus and cantaloupe.
Grayden asked for more asparagus, love that. Sadler LOVED the fish!

I made quinoa for the first time Tuesday night and we all loved it!
I made the quinoa according to the package directions, and then topped it with grilled chicken strips, corn, shredded cheese, black beans and fresh pico de galo. 
After dinner we headed to Fredrick Meijer Gardens to see the butterflies. 
So fun!
The boys had a great time, I think Gray is pointing to a butterfly in every picture, too cute!






and some 'real camera' pics too











pacey boy is such a snuggler.

Wednesday we played by our neighbors house, Sadler was a little stinker all morning so I was hoping he would take a nice long nap when we got home...
but no such luck

We played with the Roelof girls again Wednesday afternoon
Slide Train

I tried out a new yoga pose that I saw on my IG feed, it didn't go so well and I fell on top of, and broke one of Mindy's tupperware containers! Opps!

 I started my first "she reads truth" devotions this week. I've been really focusing this year on improving my prayer life, so when I saw that the new study was on prayer I couldn't wait to join.

Thursday's trip to the mall was so  much easier with Sadler asleep in the stroller, he never did that as a baby but he sure makes up for it now!

Last night we took advantage of the warmer weather and played at the park with Grandma and Grandpa L
Grayden giving Grandma a ride on the merry-go-round.

This morning we had a play date with my friend Emily and her two girls. 
We had so much fun!



 Best moments of the week: 
*Easter Sunday morning while Grayden was up front for the children's message Pastor Scott asked if anyone knew what happened on Good Friday, from all the way in the back pew where we were sitting, I heard a familiar little voice say "Jesus died on the cross!" So proud of him!

*On the way back home from the butterflies, Gray piped up out of no where and said "I had fun with you guys seeing the butterflies" makes the whole thing worth it, just to hear that!

*Hearing the boys singing "Bless the Lord oh my soul, oh my soul, worship His holy name" over and over again through the aisles of Costco. 

*Grayden reciting Psalms 100 for me that he learned in Rev Kids (Sunday night class) a few weeks ago! I couldn't believe he remember it after not having class the past couple weeks to review it, but I read it to him once and he said it right back to me!



We had a great Spring Break week and tried our best to make it a fun week for the boys! It was exhausting at times, and naps weren't even near what I was hoping they would be, but we made some great memories!



share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
2 Comments »

2 Responses to “ Insta Friday ”

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great week. Do you ever just stay home with the boys? When they are in school you will be busy. I miss those days of being at home.

Karen said...

Recipe please for chocolate pudding with avacado! Yum!!!