Blog Swap with Brenna

Wednesday, May 1, 2013


My fellow blogger friend, Brenna, and I did a little Q&A swap. Below is the interview I gave her, to read the answers to the questions she asked me, and to learn a little more about her, her family, and her current weight loss journey hop over to her blog by clicking here.

Thanks Brenna, for inviting me to participate in this blog swap! 



1. Why/how did you start blogging?

Initially, WAY back when I first started my blog, I intended to chronicle my new life as a parent.  But then I had almost no followers, and found that I never quite knew what to say, so I didn't end up posting very often.  Then I took a LOOONG break.  When I came back to blogging, I put more of an emphasis on fitness and eating (to help keep myself accountable, really).  And people actually read!  But I still plan to keep writing about parenting and crafting and fun stuff like that!

2. Biggest pet peeve?

People with a lack of compassion for others (bigots, bullies, etc).  I don't understand why people want to live that way.  It shouldn't be hard to choose to live life with love in your heart.  On a less serious note...it drives me nuts when drivers put on their turn signal just because the road ahead is bending.  What's up with that?

3. What did you do on your very first date?

We were poor college students, so I think our first "date" involved sitting in his dorm room watching "Family Guy" episodes, lol.  But the first time we went out, I believe we ate at Swiss Chalet and saw a movie!

4. What's your best wedding day memory?
 
That's a tough one...I think the rain was really memorable.  It only rained for a very brief time, when we were first starting our photos, and as a result we have some really beautiful photos with a big black umbrella. I also really enjoyed dancing with my high school friends to an East Coast Canadian song that we used to listen to at our school dances.

5. What was the title of the last movie you watched?

What to Expect While You're Expecting.  Is it bad that I loved the birth scenes where everyone was in pain?  The last movie I saw in theatres, though, was 42, and that was AMAZING...but the racism is a bit hard to swallow, knowing that it really happened/happens.

6. If you could have named yourself what would you choose?
I actually really like my name :)  But when I was younger, I loved the name "Amethyst".  Which, coincidentally, is my son's birth stone.

7. When was the last time you laughed so hard you cried and why?

I think it was the last time I watched Modern Family...though I tend to end up in hysterics over my mother's reactions to things more than the show itself, ha ha. 

8. Do you have reoccurring dreams? What about?

I have two.  One involves me driving, and I realize I'm speeding and I can't stop.  I usually end up running many stop signs and almost crashing my car.  (These started after I was in a car accident in which I was driving on the high way, got hit by a transport truck, and couldn't brake enough to prevent myself from going off the road.)  I also have dreams where I am in a plane that's filling up with smoke.  I'm afraid of flying as it is!

9. What are you most afraid of?
AIRPLANES!!!

10. What do you have stashed away under your bed right now?

So.  Much.  Junk. Basically anything that doesn't have a place anywhere else in my house.  Like my beloved flute.  Oh, and my hand weights.

That's all I got!


share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
1 Comment »

One Response to “ Blog Swap with Brenna ”