Summer Style

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Oh man, do you guys remember when I would occasionaly post on fashion topics here on the blog? It's been way too long! I still love clothes and style just as much as I always have, so I thought it would be fun to do a post on some of my "Summer must haves" that I've been loving this season. I know it's kinda late in the season to just now be shopping for summer clothes, but chances are you can still find most of these items, likely even on sale, and I'm certain they will still be cute next Summer too!


First up is linen pants, I have a pair I bought in a tan color (but I'd love to get them in black too) and I just love them! I usually pair them with a fitted tank and flats, and they will transition well into the Fall with a jean jacket! 
I know you might be thinking pants are kinda odd to wear in the Summer, but I wore mire so often at the beginning of Summer instead of shorts before I had a chance to get some color on my legs, and they were still lightweight and airy for the warm weather. 
They are beyond comfortable and I just like the look for something different than the typical skinny fit we see so much of lately. 

Next up is flowy shorts, I have this exact pair (from Target) and again, they are so comfy! Which is huge for me as a mom of three, I can't stand to be in uncomfortable clothes. 
They can easily be dressed up with a fitted blouse or more casual with a basic cami 


Now moving on to the tops:

I love long tanks for summer that can be worn over leggings or skinny jeans, and as a bonus you can add a cardi and boots to transition to the for the Fall!


I love my kimono! I've worn mine with shorts and tank top, over a dress and even as a beach cover up. I got mine from LuLaRoe but I've been seeing them everywhere! I think they are flattering on lots of different body types and are so versatile. 


And of course a summer dress has to be on the list for my summer must haves. 
In particular, a lightweight maxi dress. Pair it up with some cute scrappy sandals, some fun bangles and you're good to go for a trip to the farmers market, or change it up with some wedges and big earrings for date night!

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
3 Comments »

3 Responses to “ Summer Style ”

Anonymous said...

I love LuLaRoe leggings--I'm wearing black ones right now! They're so comfortable!

Kate @ When Hello Means Goodbye said...

I am too! Haha! Soft as butter! ;)

Ashley B. said...

Love this! I've been trying to focus more on "getting pretty." I'm always mindful of what I wear but now that my youngest is almost three, I feel like I have a little more time to get ready and more time to shop for fun verses necessity! :)