How we got here

Monday, March 14, 2011

We started thinking about adoption #2 shortly after Grayden’s adoption was finalized in Dec. of 2009. Adoption has blessed our lives so tremendously we knew we wanted to do it again! We spent the following year praying about it and waiting for the right timing to begin our journey to add to our family. Well, God has made it clear to us that that time is here!

I contacted our case worker at Bethany Christian Services on December 9 and we submitted our application for Domestic Adoption on December 21 (the one year anniversary of Grayden's Adoption Day).

We started our home study process right away and completed everything on February 22. Since then we’ve been in the waiting game…waiting and praying for God to place that precious child into our lives.

We covet your prayers as patience has never been my strongest virtue. Our case worker estimated a 12-18 month wait but there is really no way in knowing when we’ll be matched with that special birth mom. We have comfort knowing that God’s plan is perfect and in His perfect timing we’ll welcome another addition!

I’ll be sure to keep you posted when that day comes! Thank you for sharing in our joy and excitement; it was so much fun reading your comments!

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
8 Comments »

8 Responses to “ How we got here ”

Jocelyn said...

I understand the lack of patience, I'm sure it is as challenging as it is exciting. Many prayers for you!

Rebekah said...

God's timing is never too early and never too late. I love that. We've been thinking about adopting again for over a year, but like you, have been waiting for the right time. I am so thrilled for you guys as you embark down this path, again. How wonderful to think about giving G-man a little sibling!

Anonymous said...

I hope your wait is a short one! So exciting- I will keep you in my prayers!

TanaLee Davis said...

This is so exciting! I hope that thw wait isn't too long and that you find that special addition within your minds goal. Grayden couldn't be any cuter so I'm sure he will make a great big brother.
~Felicia

Anonymous said...

We are pretty much walking the same path. I am not very patient either, but for for some reason, I am so scared about this next adoption. I guess scared isn't the correct word.... just nervous. So, half of me is super excited, super impatient and the other half is terrified we are going to get a call any day and we are mentally prepared for a slightly longer wait.

For both of us, whenever it happens it will be perfect timing! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is so exciting! I will be praying that the perfect match will be made soon!

Tara Weber said...

Praying that everything goes quickly and smoothly for you and your family! Our God is so good and blesses us beyond comprehension. Sometmes the pain we go through just sets us up for even more joy than we can imagine!! Blessings to you all!

DianeTaylor said...

How exciting!!!! I'm so happy for you guys - God is working in your lives, no doubt.