“Every blessing you pour out I’ll turn back to Praise”

Sunday, July 17, 2011

This morning we had the joy of having Sadler baptized in church.

IMG_2307

IMG_2314

IMG_2317

IMG_2325

Baptism is such a meaningful occasion for our family, one where we make a promise to God and the church that we will raise him to the best of our abilities to live a Christian life.

We sang Blessed be your Name at the beginning of the service, that song always brings tears to my eyes. I belted out the words as best I could all while covering my sweet son’s head with kisses while he snuggled in close to me. The song reminds me to be joyful in all times and I think back to those days when that was so hard to do. The bridge part of the song says “you give and take away, you give and take away, my heart will choose to say Lord, Blessed be your name!” I so badly wanted that to be true in my life for many many months, to choose to give him glory in our suffering, when he took our first son, but it was hard. Now, 3 years have gone by and He gave us 2 more sons its been easier to sing that and mean it.

God taught us so much through the loss of Brenham, one being how blessed we are to be given such precious gifts, children. I often wonder if I would be the same kind of mother I am today if we hadn’t lost him. God taught me to cherish these boys for as long as we are blessed with them. Children are not owed to us, they are gifts from God.

Another line in the song goes “every blessing you pour out I’ll turn back to Praise” and I pray that to be my life’s song, the reason that I live; I want to give God all the Glory for the good things he has given! Thank you God for Sadler, what a joy he is to our family. We give him to you Lord and ask you to bless our family and guide us as we raise him in your ways.

 

After the service we had our families over to celebrate with lunch and cake.

IMG_2339 

Sadler changed into his after party outfit! A little tie onesie!

IMG_2347

Jesus Loves YOU, Sadler Graham!

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
23 Comments »

23 Responses to “ “Every blessing you pour out I’ll turn back to Praise” ”

Jan said...

A beautiful day. A beautiful boy. A beautiful gift from God. A beautiful and difficult song. Difficult times do change us, it's so hard to give Him glory in those hard times, but you have shown us many times what that looks like. Thanks for this beautiful post, it touched my heart...and gave God glory.

Jaclyn said...

He is so cute Katie!
And I love that song...the words are so powerful.

Amy said...

What an absolutely beautiful, gorgeous little man! I could just smother him with hugs and kisses.
And a beautiful post, it brought me to tears!

Ashley said...

That song always brings tears to my eyes as well. Happy baptism, Sadler. What a special day!!

Krystle said...

Such a wonderful moment for parents, and such a huge responsibility before us! I can hardly ever sing that song without tearing up!

Anonymous said...

Children aren't owed to us? What does that mean?

Kate @ When Hello Means Goodbye said...

I dont think any of us 'deserve' children, I think they are a gift from God and not something he "owes" us. they are HIS children that we have the PRIVILEDGE of raising.

Anonymous said...

I disagree. God doesn't pay thier bills, food and shelter. We do! Parents who want children and love them and care for them DESERVE children.

Elma said...

Oh what a beautiful day . Yes Children are a gift from God. They are ours for only a short time!!

Kate @ When Hello Means Goodbye said...

you're right, He doesn't pay the bills, but God provides the means to do so! I've seen first hand how He provides all our needs including the financial aspect of adopting and raising kids.
We dont deserve anything! not the air we breath, the clothes on our backs, we are all sinners saved by Grace and blessed by a God who loves and cares for our every need.

Marcie said...

That is one of my favorite songs, even though it does make me cry too!
Sadler looks so handsome on his baptism day!
Congrats, you have a beautiful family!

Anonymous said...

Please explain to me how we all sinners? Are you saying that your boys are sinners already? Educate me as I am very confused.

Bethanie said...

Thanks for your post this morning - or more specifically, the title of your post! I am waiting to hear about a job I have applied for and, every time I feel stressed, this song (one of my favorites) goes through my head thanks to my morning reminder. It has really kept my eyes on God through my anxiousness.

I am so happy to see the blessings God has given you and your family. Happy dedication day, Sadler!

Kate @ When Hello Means Goodbye said...

yes we are all sinners, we are born into sin, "All have sinned, and come short of the glory of God"
Romans 3:8
i'd love to discuss this further if you'd like, please email me katielubbers@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you and your family on Sadler's baptism! What a blessing! That song is a good one! (and I am not the same Anonymous as above)

Mindy Roelofs said...

He looks so precious in his tie onesie:) I could just SQUEZZE him:)
You are doing an awesome job being a witness for Christ!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I love his tie onesie! He is precious. I just wanted to compliment you on also explaining God's love to nonbelievers. I am amazed at your outreach thru you blog! God certainly is using you for his glory!

DianeTaylor said...

Oh I LOVE LOVE that song - I always sing it out loud in the car when I hear it.

Sadler is a blessed baby - congrats on his special day!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What a blessing! Random question...what kind of camera do you have, where did you get it, and about what was the cost on it? You take great pictures!

Kate @ When Hello Means Goodbye said...

i have a canon power shot S3IS, its about 5 years old from Best Buy for about $400.

Brittany said...

He is so beautiful!!!! What a blessing:)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful day for your family! Thanks for the awesome post.

Kelly said...

Your boys are adorable! LOVE the pictures! You have one blessed family! :)