Insta Friday

Friday, November 23, 2012

We had a super fun week!

Monday we went to play group,

IMG_4083

In the afternoon, Grayden was busy decorating the fridge with stickers! He was so proud of his work, I decided they could stick (pun intended!) around for a bit!

One of these days I’ll learn not to trust the silence!
IMG_4089

He also drew his first person, with no prompting from me!

He told me it was a picture of me and then proceeded to draw the rest of the family…he said “now i have to make daddy’s feet a little wider than mommy’s!” Too funny!

IMG_4091

Then, just for funsies I decided to have him try and write his name

IMG_4093

so proud of him and his love of learning!

I had a busy night of hair appointments at night…the life of a hairdresser! :)

IMG_4098

Tuesday we headed to Deanna’s playhouse with my friend Jayme and he son, Andrew! The boys had a great time!
IMG_4127

My mom brought over all my old prom dresses from her house so put on a little fashion show for my IG friends :)

this is my sophomore year dress, Robb took me as his date to his senior prom. I think it was cute 11 years ago, but can’t guarantee that! It weighs like 10 pounds and is completely beaded!

IMG_4131

my junior year, I took robb as my date *he was a college freshman"*

IMG_4133

and my senior year dress, robb came as a college sophomore for his 4th prom! he loved me so much, even back then ;)

IMG_4134

so fun to have a little walk down memory lane.

Wednesday morning we had 10 of our little friends and their moms over for a painting party. (including my boys, we had 12 kids here ranging in age from 3.5 months to 4 years)

the set up

IMG_4156

the painting fun

IMG_4157

IMG_4159

drying time

IMG_4160

the finished product!

IMG_4162

we had a blast! the boys’ art will be going up in the playroom, cant wait to get it up!

At night we had the first of our Thanksgiving festivities at church with the Lubbers side.

I didn’t take many pictures but this one pretty much sums up Sadler’s night!
IMG_4173 

Yesterday we went the the Thanksgiving day church service, afterwards we went to my Grandma’s house for lunch!

IMG_4185

IMG_4186

IMG_4187

IMG_4188

At night we went to the cottage and roasted hotdogs over the fire. It was nice and relaxing way to end the day!

There was no early morning shopping for me this morning, Robb had to work so me and the boys spent the day at home!

I started decking the halls for Christmas.

IMG_4203

when Gray came up from playing in the basement he saw the stockings and said, “mom! what are those socks for??”  He asked if they were for candy and I said “yah sometimes people have candy in their stockings” and the next thing I know he gets one of Sadler’s bumble bee rain boots and fills it with candy! Love that boy!

I was kinda sad to see my ‘fall’ mantel go, I loved it!
IMG_4191

 

Hope you all have a great weekend!

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
4 Comments »

4 Responses to “ Insta Friday ”

Elma said...

No black shopping for me:) We slept in. I love the star on your mantel did you make it?
Looks like you had a wonderful week!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful decorations! This is not at all meant to be negative, do you spend a lot of time cleaning? Are you a "neat freak"? :)

Anonymous said...

Your decorating reminds me of Christy Boeve's stuff. Have you ever shopped at her booth? LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

I love your style of decor, holiday or otherwise! Would you be willing to do a post on where you get your stuff? I live in the hudsonville/jamestown area and have always been curious where you shop. Thanks! Kate