When Good Friday doesn't feel very "good"

Friday, March 30, 2018

Good Friday hasn’t been so “good” around here at the Lubbers' house today. 
We've had a rough day of terrible tantrums, atrocious attitudes, and downright disrespect that's brought out the worst in us (myself included). 
It’s always a struggle for me to not hold on to the bitterness and resentment I feel when the kids misbehave, and not let it ruin my whole day, especially on special days, when my expectations are high. 
But, I told Satan “not today, dude! You can't steal my joy today” and I asked God to help me show them compassion and grace. He reminded me that I’m a sinner too (duh!) and need to ask for forgiveness for the way I reacted in those situations (Ouch! But so true!)
It makes me even more grateful that today we get to celebrate that ALL our sins have been wiped clean on the cross. 
That's what Good Friday is all about, and that I feel "good" about!




share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »