Weekend Recap

Tuesday, February 3, 2009


Robb and I had such a fun weekend together, we didnt do anything extraordinary but we just enjoyed doing the little things together.
Friday night we ordered Logan's Roadhouse take out and brought it home to eat in front of the tv and watched the Fireproof movie on DVD.




The rest of the night we spent working on hats, for Brenham's Hat project. I'm making progress on the crocheting thanks to Nancy! And also have had lots of success with the knitting looms.





Saturday we spent the morning and all afternoon cleaning, doing laundry and organizing. We also made our favorite cookies together, they were no -bake cookies, I am a horrible baker.


Saturday night we went to Robb's parents house to watch their cable tv channels, :) I watched enough Jon and Kate plus 8 episodes to keep me happy for awhile!


Sunday we went to church and spent the afternoon snowmobiling. We had a blast! I took a few pictures but most of the time my hands were gripped firmly on the wonderful handle warmers.



And we can't forget about Chill.





Why did the possum cross the road???



So he could get his pretty picture taken!


We got inside, made some hot cocoa (with lots of marshmallows) and sat down for one of our traditional connect four tournaments, robb won!

At night, of course, we watched the Super Bowl with my family, we'll actually the girls ended up working out on their Wii Fit while the guys watched the game.

It was sad to go back to everyday life on Monday but I am so thankful to have spent so much time with Robb this weekend, we are trying to make the most out of the time we have left just the two of us.

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
15 Comments »

15 Responses to “ Weekend Recap ”

jenni from the blog said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Any updates on the adoption process? :)

Kate @ When Hello Means Goodbye said...

no new updates, still just waiting.

Verna said...

What a beautiful post, and week end that you had. I'm glad you had a good one.

So far I have made 3 hats for you, will post them later for you to see.

Jaclyn said...

CUTE picture of you in Robb's helmet! That looks like so much fun with all of the snow...but I have to admit, I LOVE my warm CA weather!

Jan said...

What fun! How did you get that rodent to pose for you?

Kate @ When Hello Means Goodbye said...

i think it must have been a little high from the snowmobile fumes :)

Nancy said...

When you learn to crochet socks, you can teach me! Haven't tried that one yet! :)

Cara said...

You two truly know how to make the most of the litte things. That is a skill - to be sure!

((hugs))

Momma to 3 Boys said...

We also watched Fireproof, love it! I love the pic you took of Robb's helmet! Fun weekend!!!

Jill said...

i am new to reading your blog and just wanted to say hi. it sounds like you had a wonderful weekend...takeout and a movie is my favorite thing :)

Mae said...

I can't wait to see that movie! I am waiting to read the book first.

Amy said...

I found your blog thru MckMama's blog frog. I admire you for your strength. I will keep you and your husband in my prayers as I know a hard day is coming up. God Bless you and Robb.

bri said...

Even in waiting there is a lesson being taught. I am not sure what it is but I am told the same thing. We have had our oldest (foster) son for 16 months now and we are just now about to have him adopted! We got him when he was 7 days old... talk about a long wait!

Love the opossum picture! My aunt actually found baby ones and raised them and there is still one little girl (the runt) that hangs around and it is so stinkin' cute! So gentle and tame! I know... random! haha

Debbi's Blog said...

Hey Katie- just stopping by to say hi and I am praying for you!
XOXO
Debbi

Anonymous said...

Katie you are awesome making the BEST out of the WORST. :)